Master of business administration MBA is a degree which attracts a whole lot of population after the people are done with undergraduate courses. The degree is known to be first introduced in the USA during the late ninety’s when the country noticed the increase in industrialization. It was then that the companies in the USA started using various scientific approaches in business management. The various specialization courses found in the MBA program are designed to introduce the students to the business areas. MBA students enrolling in these programs either choose the specialization that concentrates on a specific area or the one that deals with various areas.
Requirements to pursue MBA degree:
Once you are done with your undergraduate degree in any field, you can go for pursuing an MBA degree. But you don’t get admission in a business school simply by having an undergraduate degree in the hand. One can give different exams, whose percentile scores will decide that from which college you can get your MBA done. List of all such exams is mentioned below for you read:
- CAT – common admission test (CAT) is the guru of all the MBA entrance exams. It is conducted once in a year by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) to give admissions to the students for post graduate programs. These institutes consider the percentile score for the admissions. To give CAT exam, the student should have a bachelor’s degree from any university or the student should be in the last year of the university.
- XAT – Xavier’s admission test (XAT) is also conducted for the students to pursue post-graduate courses including MBA. It is known to be held in January, and various institutes like XLRI, SIBM, FIM, XIM, etc. accept its score. Like CAT, the student who wants to apply for XAT should hold a bachelor’s degree in hand or must be in the final year of any university.
- NMAT – Narsee Monjee admission test is held by GMAC is given by the students to get admissions in the leading business schools for pursuing MBA and various other fellow post graduate programs. NMIMS, alliance university, Amity University and 15 other colleges accept the NMAT score. The qualifications of NMAT are same as CAT and XAT.
- IIFT – Indian Institute of foreign trade is given by the students to pursue different post graduation courses in this business school where the special attention is given to international business. IIFT Deli and Kolkata accept the scores you get in IIFT.
- SNAP – symbiosis national aptitude (SNAP) is a common written test for the students who want to possess postgraduate courses in Symbiosis institutes. The institutes that accept SNAP scores are SIBM, SIMC, SCMHRD, SITM, SIOM, SICSR, SIIB, etc.
Once you have cleared one of these exams with excellent scores you get to pursue MBA from the top institutes in the country. The above-written business schools only restrict to MBA in India. The MBA students who want to pursue MBA at international level will have to give an exam named GMAT. Keep in mind that GMAT demands two years working experience too.